We stand up for you, even while you’re not watching. We work to protect the interests of our members on local, state and national levels, and provide information to members and the community regarding important issues that impact business and quality of life. We are strong collective voice for our members.
What matters to the Farmington Chamber?
The Farmington Regional Chamber is organized to achieve the objectives of:
Preserving the competitive enterprise system of business by:
- creating a better understanding and appreciation of the importance of business people and a concern for their problems;
- educating the business community and representing them in city, county, state and national legislative and political affairs;
- preventing or addressing controversies which are detrimental to expansion and growth of business and the community if they arise;
Promoting business and community growth and development by:
- promoting economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all business within the trade area
- promoting programs of civic, social and cultural nature which are designed to increase the functional and aesthetic values of the community
- discovering and correcting abuses which prevent the promotion of business expansion and community growth
When issues arise that are within the scope of these purposes, the Farmington Regional Chamber Board of Directors and staff will act within the best interest of the organization and general membership to provide forward momentum to achieving our objectives.
In general, the Farmington Regional Chamber will:
- Support issues deemed to be beneficial to the overall good of the business community, economic development and the quality of life in Farmington and the surrounding area.
- Oppose any issue deemed to be detrimental to the overall good of the business community, economic development and the quality of life in Farmington and the surrounding area, which includes those issues that put any business sector at a competitive disadvantage from those in other surrounding areas.
- Notify the membership regarding all positions adopted by the Farmington Regional Chamber board of directors in a timely fashion.
Read the Farmington Regional Chamber Legislative Advocacy Policy
Review past positions and resolutions: